Friday 1 April 2011

Vigo 3

Ok this is one last off line try to get some info about what is going on and to bring you up to date with  our voyage.  We are back in the lumpy sea, not quite so bad but enough to have one lady run from the dining room tonight with a hand to her mouth – hate to think what was in it!  I forgot to tell you that last night’s show was a very good comedian from the Black Country, a tad blue but he well respected the audience which does include some small children.  Tonight’s show was the first of the Headliners shows and I have to admit that they are not a patch on the last group that we saw with that name – I know that we were with them a lot longer and got to know them quite well but this lot don’t seem to jell correctly and there was definitely a few bum notes sung.  We have seen the routines before, in fact they don’t seem to have changed those for over 2 years, and this version of Let’s Face the Music, which is largely based on the stage and film shows of Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly and Bob Fosse was OK but not something that I would rave about and as for the West Side Story finale, it reinforced everything that I don’t like about that particular show.  Very screechy….

OK that definitely is it for tonight and I am off to bed with Barack Obama who is still trying to tell the story of his father and his own upbringing.  No doubt about it he was a very troubled young man in his teens.

I am not going to try to upload any more pictures, well I might but it will definitely be the last time if I fail again – I have convinced myself it is because the ship’s system does not like Internet Explorer 9 and I was hoping to download Google Chrome but when that download takes over 20 minutes and it still hasn’t completed and you are paying 35p a minute, the hassle just isn’t worth it – so you will have to continue reading this blog after   we have got back home to see the pictures as I will probably insert them as an Edit late on when I can get back to my own broadband connection at home.  Of course if I can find a McDonalds or a Starbucks in Lisbon with free WiFi then all that may change.

When we first set out on this cruise Hilary said that she didn’t want to just go back to the cabin when the evening show was over but that she intended to go and do “some other stuff.”  So far “the other stuff” has not been to her liking and we are back in the old routine of me blogging while she falls asleep while she is waiting for me to come back.  If I am as awake tomorrow morning as I was today I will probably get up and go outside to film our arrival in Lisbon – but don’t count on it.

Night all….

No comments:

Post a Comment